Dear CoinEx users:
CoinEx will upgrade the Sub-Account function on 7:30-8:30 Feb 8, 2023 (UTC). The details are as follows.
(1) Before: You need to access the sub-account using an exclusive link, set a different and independent login password for each sub-account, and log in to it separately. Also, you can only access one sub-account for each login.
(2) After: After the main account is logged in, you can quickly access all sub-accounts in the navigation bar and conveniently switch between different sub-accounts. Sub-accounts no longer require independent passwords; Instead, they can be logged in with the main account. For sub-account management, you can authorize each or several sub-accounts to other main accounts for hosting, by using Authorization Management. For more details, please refer to Authorization Management.
2. Permission Management
(1) Before: All trading permissions are enabled by default for sub-accounts.
(2) After: Access permissions to Spot and Financial accounts are enabled by default, and cannot be modified, while the main account can set and update transaction permissions to access Futures/Margin/AMM/API management, etc, for its sub-accounts, at any time. Also, the main account can enable different trading for different sub-accounts.
3. Asset Transfer
(1) Before: Only the assets in Spot accounts can be transferred between main account and sub-accounts.
(2) After: After the upgrade, the authorization of asset management is restricted to its main account - That is, the main account can make transfers to the Futures account of its sub-account, or between any of its sub-accounts.
- All asset transfers between main/sub-accounts are initiated by the main account, and the sub-accounts have no permission to transfer assets to the main account or other sub-accounts.
The main account can transfer assets from the Spot/Futures account to the Spot/Futures account of its sub-accounts.
The main account can initiate the asset transfer from the Spot account of sub-account A to B, while the sub-account cannot transfer assets to other sub-accounts.
4. Authorizing management
(1) Before: The authorization management was not available, since the sub-accounts can be accessed and managed independently.
(2) After: The main account can authorize the sub-account to other main accounts, and the original main account still has complete control and full access permissions to all its sub-accounts, granting or canceling the authorization relationship. On the other hand, the authorized main account will have limited permission to the sub-accounts as granted. For sub-accounts, no deposit or withdrawal is supported, and they can not transfer assets to the authorized main account, due to the permission and asset security of sub-accounts.
1. During the upgrade of Sub-Account function, the following services related to the main/sub-accounts are temporarily unavailable:
(1) Creating sub-accounts for the main account is temporarily unavailable.
(2) Asset transfer between the main/sub-account is temporarily unavailable, but the asset transfer within the account will not be affected.
(3) Creating API for the main/sub-account is temporarily unavailable.
2. The sub-account cannot log in independently during the upgrade. After the upgrade, the exclusive domain name and password of the sub-account will be invalid. You need to log in to the main account to access the sub-account.
3. After the update, the previous API for transferring assets from sub-account to main account will no longer be available.
4. Please conduct risk control in advance to avoid affecting the use of sub-account functions.
5. The Sub-Account function is only available on Web currently, not yet available in App.
1. For more details, please refer to [Help Center].
2. CoinEx reserves the rights of final interpretation of this announcement.
Feb 6, 2023