Dear CoinEx users,
CoinEx will support the upcoming Ethereum (ETH) London Hard Fork (Including EIP-1559 Upgrade) on Aug 4, 2021(UTC). The upgrade is expected to take place at block height of 12,965,000 and the estimation time is 11:55 August 5, 2021(UTC). During the upgrade, to ensure our user’s assets security, the deposit & withdrawal services of ETH and all ERC20 tokens will be suspended, and the arrangements are as follows:
1. Changes of deposit and withdrawal services
(1) Suspension of ETH and ERC20 tokens deposit and withdrawal services: 11:45 on Aug 5, 2021 (UTC)
(2) Resumption of ETH and ERC20 tokens deposit and withdrawal services: Deposit & withdrawal services will be resumed after the upgraded network is stable, and please stay tuned.
2. Arrangement towards ETH London Hard Fork
(1) If no new token is created, CoinEx will resume the deposit & withdrawal service for ETH and all ERC20 tokens after the network is stable and please stay tuned for further announcement.
(2) If a new token is created, CoinEx will take a snapshot of ETH held by CoinEx users at the ETH block height of 12,965,000 at around 11:55 (UTC) on August 5, 2021, and will distribute the new tokens at a ratio of 1:1.
(3) To ensure the accuracy of your snapshot, please avoid transferring during the snapshot period.
(4) All CoinEx users will be notified via announcement if there's any new arrangement concerning ETH London Hard Fork.
3. Changes of Trading Services
(1) Margin Loan: ETH borrowing will be suspended from 09:00 on Aug 4, 2021 (UTC) to 13:00 on Aug 5, 2021 (UTC).
(2) Other trading services: During the suspension of ETH and ERC20 tokens deposit & withdrawal, all trading services will NOT be affected, including spot trading, margin trading, perpetual, financial account, and AMM. Also, Inter-user transfer of ETH on CoinEx will NOT be affected during this period .
(1) The ETH London Hard Fork will take place at Ethereum Mainnet block height of 12,965,000. The estimated time is for user's reference only and may change depending on block propagation times.
(2) No operation is required for CoinEx users to complete this upgrade, while users outside the platform can deposit ETH to CoinEx before August 5 to complete the upgrade.
(3) The hard fork may be experience violent price fluctuations. To lower the risk of forced liquidation, users are suggested to lower positions, liquidate positions, lower leverage multipliers, or increase margin in advance.
(4) All CoinEx users will be notified once the upgrade is completed.
5. For more information
London Mainnet Announcement
London Upgrade Overview
CoinEx reserves the final interpretation of this announcement.
Aug 4, 2021
Follow us Facebook | Twitter | Reddit
Contact us Support | Telegram
About us Website | Announcements | APP